Friday 31 May 2013

I Made it to "May Stack-a-holic DCWV Card Challenge Top 10 !"

Today I am very excited to announce that I made it into the Top 10 list for the DCWV May Stack-a-holic Card Challenge!!

This was the May DCWV Challenge Sketch


This is the card I made using the 6x12 Summer Garden Stack by DCWV 


I used 2 white (3 holed) buttons from Buttons Galore for the pink flower centers, used a Fiskars punch for the white paper trim and layered it over generic pearlescent 1" wide lace I purchased from a fabric store. The flags were inked in pink on the edges to highlight and match the pinks in the print. I used a generic "Thanks" stamp I found at Michael's Crafts.  The outside edges of the card were ink distressed in chocolate brown.

http://dcwvinc.blogspot.ca/2013/05/may-stack-holic-challenge-top-10.html?showComment=1370015015366#c3272721400543557842

http://www.buttonsgaloreandmore.com/

I am so thrilled to make it to the Top 10 List!  It's been so busy lately as the month of May tends to be. This year is busier than ever! I have one child graduating from High School with Prom set for tomorrow and I'm registering both kids for College and University at the same time for this coming fall! This week I was set back by several days with an awful cold but Mom's job is never done. So after a few days of forced bed rest I'm just about better and fervently getting the last of the celebration preparations completed.  The most critical is completing the alteration of my daughter's red satin prom dress!!!  

This card was quite simple to make and fun to embellish any way you like or put any sentiment you like. With so many Grad presents coming along I will surely need to make quite a few!  I really appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you!  

Thanks for visiting my Blog today!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, love all of the flags. It's been so long since I've made my own cards, but I really like the feeling of this one!

    ~Emily
    A Tossed Salad Life

    ReplyDelete