Saturday 11 May 2013

NSD Basic Grey Challenge #1

I made this scrapbook layout for the National Scrapbooking Day Challenge #1 at Basic Grey.  The challenge was to create a layout that was laid out in a grid format.

It was pretty straight forward and I really enjoyed making it.  It was a challenge to judge what was the final right size for each square so they would all be uniform in appearance. I had to assess each photo for size of subjects, focal points and color scheme.  Once I decided on the measurements I went on to cut them all uniformly and added white back matts in a retro vintage scalloped edge as many photos in my time were cut square and had pretty scalloped edges.  It adds more fun to a basic grid layout.  Then I added embellishments to suit the subject of the pictures and background paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment